While the announcement that the Government has moved the country to level 5 of the
Living with Covid 19 framework presents renewed challenges for our community and member families, Maree Oranmore FC welcomes the FAI guidance released yesterday that organized non contact training for players up to under 19 can continue in compliance with the latest Government guidelines.
Based on the guidelines, all other adult and u21 team activities matches cease from midnight on 21st October.
The Club thanks you for your ongoing support as, together as players/parents/guardian/club volunteers, we endeavor to enable our underage teams continue to have the physical, social and mental health benefits of training in as safe an environment as possible.
It is critical that non contact training continues to operate in adherence to the guidelines especially hand sanitization and limiting group size to pods of 15.
The Club continue to monitor the evolving situation and to work with the Galway FA on training practice and to plan for a return to play for all our teams.
The specific guidance from FAI is below.
Maree Oranmore FC
FAI Update on Level 5 Guidelines for Football
Following clarification from Government , the FAI confirms the following Level 5 guidelines for football will come into effect from midnight tonight but please be aware these are the latest directives and subject to change:21st Oct 2020
- All underage club teams from Under-19 age group down are permitted to train outdoors during Level 5 restrictions
- All outdoor training for underage players is to be non-contact in pods of no more than 15 and in compliance with the latest Government guidelines
- For underage training - players/coaches/parents/guardians are permitted to travel more than 5 kilometres to attend an organised training session
- For underage training - players/coaches/parents/guardians are permitted to travel outside their resident county to attend an organised training session
- SSE Airtricity Premier Division and First Division and Women’s National League matches and training continue
- All other domestic adult and underage football matches remain in cessation
- In accordance with Government Level 5 guidelines, training is not permitted for non-elite adult teams
The FAI will continue to talk to Government and will monitor any changes to Level 5 restrictions. We will update these guidelines as required and as soon as possible.