Following the government announcement on November 27th and subsequent guidance form the FAI, the Club is pleased to note the return of our club adult teams to training.
From 1 December, under Level 3, as set out in the Plan for Living with COVID-19:
* All adult amateur teams can enjoy a return to training on Dec 1, subject to strict Government guidelines and FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol
* No matches/events may take place except professional and elite sports.
* For adult amateur and underage teams, outdoor non-contact training is permissible in pods of 15 with a minimum of one coach present. Two coaches must be present for all underage teams. Within the pod, non contact training (7 v 7) is permitted.
* Players and coaches are permitted to travel to train with the club they are registered with.
The Club thanks you for your ongoing support, as together players/parents/guardian/club volunteers, endeavor to enable our club teams continue to have the physical, social and mental health benefits of training in as safe an environment as possible.
It is critical that non contact training continues to operate in adherence to the guidelines especially hand sanitization, limiting group size to pods of 15 and competing electronic attendance records via ClubZap,
The guidance on attending events remains unchanged.
A player/parent/coach should not attend if he/she:
- Tested COVID positive
- Has had close contact/living with a confirmed positive case
- Has COVID symptoms
- Is awaiting COVID test results
- Has a close contact/living with someone who is awaiting COVID test results
- Has returned home after travelling abroad (they must self-isolate for a period of
The Club continue to monitor the evolving situation and to work with the Galway FA on training practice and look forward to a return to match play for all our teams.
The specific guidance from FAI is below.
Maree Oranmore FC